The municipal council reserves the right to certify conformity to approved plans and other guidelines in order to ensure proper administration of the city.
Certificate of Conformity
- This certificate is issued to show indicate that a building is constructed in accordance with the approved building plan. This certificate must be obtained upon completion of the building and before occupying the building or commencing business activities.
- Duration: 2 Weeks
- The fee is calculated based on the area of the building (down to a minimum of Rs. 200.00)
Street line Certificate
- The Street line certificate conforms that a building has been constructed in accordance with the street line regulations of the council. When a land situated within municipality limits is mortgaged, the municipal council reserves the right to take action against the lands provided that those buildings in those lands are constructed violating council street line regulations
- Fee: Rs. 500.00 + VAT
- When a alnd situated within municipality limits is mortgaged, the municipal council issues a certificate attesting that the land has not been vested by the council. This certificate is called the “non-vesting certificate”. The council holds the right to vest any land if it is deemed necessary for public activities and road limits, and also for non-payment of income taxes. Therefore, in view of the council’s authority to vest lands, it is important to obtain a non-vesting certificate.
- Fee is calculated based the mortgage value:
- Rs. 1,000.00 if the mortgage value is less than Rs. 100,000
- If the mortgate value is greater than Rs. 100,000, an additional Rs. 100.00 is charged